充滿夏天氣息的 Tomato Basil Soup！（我們需要！）因為有玉米就加了些，更好味！三樣都是夏天的當季蔬菜。友前一排問我拿食譜，今日做後馬上寫，順便貼埋。幾簡單美味的一道湯呢。
+ + +
» Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound (500g) ripen tomatoes, cored, cut into small pieces
- 20 leaves basil, coarsely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ bay leaf
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter over medium heat, add onion and a pinch of salt, cook until soft but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, thyme, bay leaf, and a teaspoon of salt, cook until tomatoes fall apart, about 10 minutes.
- Add water, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Take out fresh thyme and bay leaf, purée soup. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s important to use flavorful and ripen tomatoes for this soup. I usually use Early Girls or heirloom tomatoes from the farmer’s market. If your tomatoes weren’t prime, add a tablespoon of good tomato paste.
- Can replace butter with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sweet corn compliments this soup very well, add about ½ cob of corns to the puréed soup if you had any on hand, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- You can also roast the tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt, pepper in 400F (200C) oven for 40 minutes before add to the onion.